Thursday 8 January 2015

WEEKLY ROUNDUP - Best of the Blog January 1-7, 2015


I'm pretty juiced up about all the albums that get posted here, but here are the ones that you absolutely should not pass up:

ABBOT
DRIFTER
MOLIOR SUPERUM
OULU SPACE JAM COLLECTIVE
PHANTOMASS
STONE CADAVER
STRANGE BROUE
TEACHER
WIDOW & CHILDREN
ZOLTAN

Aside from the albums there were a number of fun posts around here including

EVERYDAY STRANGE
Every couple days I profile a strange, bizarre, unusual, mysterious or paranormal case from history and post it on the day of its anniversary. If nothing else, it's something cool or spooky to read while listening to the music posted on this site. I'd like to do one every day but these take a long time to do.

This week I threw two up here:
Hornsey Coal Poltergeist
The Stanford Kentucky Abductions

HORRIBLE MONDAYS
I'm trying to make Mondays dedicated to horror around here. Aside from the Zoltan albums (see link above) I also managed to post some thoughts on the Blind Dead film series and why they may be ripe for a re-make

The Blind Dead Series

PODCAST
Last but not least I posted not one, but two playlists to mixcloud. The first one's a bit weird, it's an atmospheric kind of thing I put together for myself with doom metal and off youtube clips over instrumentals and I threw it up on mixcloud to see how the process works. The second one is a bit more like what you may come to expect, no clips, no bullshit, just an hour's worth of stoner jams.

Podcast 001
Podcast 002

UPCOMING
I got a number of things in the works right now. Expect the Everyday Strange series to continue at about one post every 4 or 5 days. I got one in the bag and I'm working on a huge, sprawling case that I don't think one blog post can actually cover, so we'll see how that goes.

Be ready to be horrified this Monday with another couple of film and music posts dedicated to the greatest genre of them all.

There is one other feature that won't be seen until the 15th, and hopefully every 15th of the month after that. It's about comics new and old. It should be a lot of fun.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment