Thursday 15 January 2015

WEEKLY ROUNDUP - Best of the Blog January 8-14, 2015

I'm pretty juiced up about all the albums that get posted here, but here are the ones that you absolutely should not pass up:

CROWNED IN EARTH
CRYPTRIP
IN THE COMPANY OF SERPENTS
KABBALAH
LAVAGOAT
PSYCHIC WOUNDS
STRANGE BROUE
THORR-AXE
TRAGIC MAGICK
WIDOW & CHILDREN

Aside from the albums there were a number of fun posts around here including

EVERYDAY STRANGE
Every couple days I profile a strange, bizarre, unusual, mysterious or paranormal case or event from years past and post it on the day of its anniversary. If nothing else, it's something cool or spooky to read while listening to the music posted on this site. I'd like to do one every day but these take time and care.

This week I threw two up here:
Rain of Rice in Burma
The Butler Street Poltergeist

HORRIBLE MONDAYS
Mondays are dedicated to Horror. This week I posted a feature on the weirdest album out there (the mad genius behind it loved that description) and 1940 film The Devil Bat with a new score by The Velvet Robe.

The Implicit Order
The Devil Bat

PODCAST
As things move forward I plan to post two podcasts a week, at least for the first little while, because there's truly too much great music out there that an hour can't even cover the best of the best. I only posted one this week, it was focused on Doom and heavier stuff and featured an all-new track by Desert Storm that knocks my socks off!

Podcast 003

UPCOMING
I've got a long way to go toward making You May Be Dead & Dreaming the place I want it to be. I've got a dizzying list of stuff for Horrible Mondays that I wonder if I'll ever whittle down to size. The plan for now is to have one post focused on horror music, another on a horror movie and another wildcard post about whatever strikes my fancy.

As I said earlier, the Everyday Strange stuff takes a lot of work so I'm working on making them shorter and more compact. If it works, it should be better all around.

As for the podcasts, still working on deciding on a regular schedule, Right now Stoner Thursdays and Doom Sunday / Mondays feels right.

Also, I've got my first comics post coming up tomorrow. A part of me wants to do more than one comics post a month so we'll see if I come up with any brilliant ideas.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment