Wednesday 21 January 2015

REVEREND SNOW - El Bandero

Found this one on Paul Rote's feed, via Steve Rodger on bandcamp. Another great Canadian band, it's only three weeks in, but this is shaping up to be Canada's best year yet for music. The cover is unassuming but inside is what every stoner rocker is looking for. Reverend Snow is raw like a pustulating sore, the fuzz is thick and snaps like a live wire. I could go on, but I'll spare you, but the sound here is not entirely unlike Fu Manchu at times. The cover is unassuming but inside is what every stoner rocker is looking for. What you get here is 11 songs and 48 minutes of blazing rock n roll and you can NAME-YOUR-OWN-PRICE. If there's one criticism to be made it's that the rawness that defines the performances, spills out into the way it was mixed. It isn't muddy or tinny, but it's a bit thin in places. I don't care about that stuff, though. I'm not audio snob, just give me them sweet jams!

No comments:

Post a Comment