Saturday 10 January 2015

LAVAGOAT - Ageless Nonsense

Cover artwork by Jason Dopko.
I must admit I straggled. Lavagoat has long been one of my favorite Canadian bands because they always struck me as unpretentious and genuine within their own sound, which is metal first and sludge / doom metal second. I held off on purchasing 'Ageless Nonsense' though because it was kind of cost-prohibitive for me when it came out. But in my mind, the band had earned a higher asking price and I wasn't about to put off getting it forever. Aside from having one of my favorite band names I don't think I've ever heard a song from Lavagoat that I didn't like. I haven't heard them all mind you, but you get the picture. 'Ageless Nonsense' doesn't disappoint in that regard, every song is great and it turns out that $9 is a worthy investment after all.

JUST THE FACTS (according to the band's facebook page):
Genre: Metal

Hometown: Saskatoon, SK

Short Description
Lavagoat is an otherworldly concoction of doom, death, thrash, psych, 70's hard rock and heavy metal brewed in Saskatoon, SK since 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment